How to complain ?

Have you formally complained to the financial institution involved? Are you not satisfied with the answer you received or didn’t you receive an answer within a reasonable delay (30 days)?
In that case you can file a complaint with Ombudsfin.
If not, you first have to write to the competent service of the financial institution. To find the competent service of your financial institution, click here.
Yes, I filed a complaint with my financial institution.

To file a complaint with

Fill in your details below in the complaint form:
  • Please state your complaint clearly
  • Send us all the necessary and useful information concerning your complaint and the correspondence with your financial institution.
  • Check if you satisfy meet the requirements to file a complaint with Ombudsfin.

The complaint (max 60 lines).

You can also transmit your complaint in an attached file. In that case you don’t have to fill in the form.

Add all the useful documents ( letters, contracts,…)

The documents we receive can be transferred to the financial institution.
Your personal information will be kept secure and exclusively for the treatment of the complaint.
According to the law of 8 December 1992 you have the possibility to look into your personal information and to correct it if necessary.

Check List

You have contacted the financial institution. The answer of the institution doesn’t satisfy you or you didn’t get an answer within a reasonable delay.
The financial institution is member of Ombudsfin.
The problem is not submitted to a court.
It doesn’t concern the commercial politics of the financial institution.
It doesn’t concern a problem of over-indebtedness.
For businesses : it concerns a commercial credit or loan.

Others ways

You can also send your complaint by post, by fax or by e-mail:

By post
North Gate II, Boulevard du Roi Albert II, n°8, bte. 2
1000 Bruxelles
By fax
Fax : +32 2 545 77 79